Founded in 1957,
the Arlington Woman's Club is dedicated to
and developing the potential of its members through education and to
benefit the community through its philanthropy projects.
Its purpose is solely educational and charitable.
The Woman's Club is composed of 17 departments which present
of study in Antique, Archival & Scrapbooking, Art, Bible, Book
Bridge, Creative Living, Garden and Gourmet, Literature, Mah Jong,
Performing Arts, Quilts, Theory of Games, and Travel.
The Woman's Club provides Scholarships to graduating seniors from
each of the Arlington High Schools who will be pursuing additional
education in either a college or trade school in the coming year.
Membership is open to women who support and will actively pursue the
and goals of the Arlington Woman’s Club. Membership is by
The areas of study which are the
objectives of the Club are represented by the four sections
of the Crest - Science, the Fine Arts, Religion, and
Education. The eight small symbols within the sections
represent the departments of the Club at the time the Crest
was designed. The Club's
first permanent home is at the top. In the center forming a
around a woman's hand holding the world, are the letters
Crest Designed by AWC members
Beth Anderson and Julia Jones